Solar energy is not only sustainable, it is renewable and this means that we will never run out of it. It is about as natural a source of power as it is possible to generate electricity. The creation of solar energy requires little maintenance.
10 Benefits of going Solar!
- Save Thousands of Dollars
- Start Saving from Day 1
- Low Payback Period
- Increase your Home Value
- Take Advantage of Incentives
- Solar is a Secure Investment
- Save the Environment
- Create Energy Independence
- Guaranteed Performance
- Solar is Easy
YSG's Community Shared solar models allocate the electricity of a jointly owned or leased system to offset individual consumers’ electricity bills, allowing multiple energy consumers to share the benefits of a single YSG solar array.
Community Shared Solar subscribers are the community members who receive a percentage of the energy produced from the local YSG solar farm. Subscribers may be individuals or businesses;
Why Community Shared Solar?
The output of community shared solar arrays can be divided among residential and commercial energy consumers lacking the necessary unshaded roof space to host a PV system of sufficient size, or divided among customers seeking more freedom, flexibility, and a potentially lower price.
YSG Solar and it's Community Shared Solar program are expanding the potential customer base to 100% of homes and businesses. Currently 49% of households are currently unable to host a YSG PV system when excluding households that
- do not own their building (i.e., renters),
- do not have access to sufficient roof space (e.g., high-rise buildings, multi-unit housing), and/or
- live in buildings with insufficient roof space to host a YSGPV system.
It is also estimated that 48% of businesses are unable to host a PV system when excluding businesses that
- operate in buildings with too many establishments to have access to sufficient roof space (e.g., malls), and/or
- have insufficient roof space to host a YSG PV system capable of supplying a sufficient amount of their energy demand.